With the years gone by, I have found that more and more people that I met have different views from mine.
随着一年一年过去,我发现,我和越来越多的人观点不同。

Sometimes I couldn't even use the word "different" to describe this, because our views were almost conflicting.
有时候,甚至已经不能用“不同”来形容,而是“针锋相对”。

In the past, I used to tend to argue with people like this. I always wanted to persuade them all and make them accept my view while admitting that they themselves were wrong.
在以前,我倾向于和所有这样的人进行争辩,总是希望能在最终说服他们所有人,让他们接受我的观点,并承认他们自己是错误的。

But as time passed by I gradually came to realize that what I had been doing might be not right.
但是后来我发现,这么做本身似乎就是错的。

Every person has different experience. And our views are extracted from our own experiences.
每个人的经历都是不一样的,而我们的观点正是自己经历的浓缩。

There are too much subjective things in these views. And we think there's no need to question these beliefs.
这里面有太多主观的东西,有些东西在我们自己看来简直毋庸置疑。

But when you ask yourself "Why are these beliefs right?"
但是,当你问自己“这些观点为什么是对的?”

The only answer you can give yourself may just be "Because they are just right."
你所能给出的回答很可能只是“因为就是对的啊。”

And where is the logic in all of this?
那么,这里面的逻辑又在哪呢?

That's why now I choose to respect a person even if our views are totally different.
所以,现在的我,即使观点和别人不同,也会选择尊重这种不同。

Because, ultimately, I cannot be sure that what I think is right.
因为我真的无法确定我自己的想法就是对的。

Better let result be the judge.
一个做法是否正确,我们还是让事情的结果来评判吧。

(翻译:能猫)